We will be back with you on Wednesday 2nd December
Following the Government’s announcement, we find ourselves in Tier 2 which means we can happily open our doors again from next Wednesday 2nd December, albeit with a few restrictions, but thank goodness we’re able to welcome you back to the pub!
The new guidelines mean that we’re only able to accept bookings from single households inside the pub and up to 6 people from mixed households for those brave enough to sit outside. Also, as much as we wish you could just pop in for a pint, for now, we’re only allowed to serve alcohol when you eat with us. Last orders are at 10pm, so we’ll be ringing bell around 9.45pm and we need to ensure you’re fed, watered and heading safely home by 11pm.
Our team will be back together again from the 2nd, so until then please bear with us if you have any questions or booking enquiries.
Thanks as ever for your support, we look forward to seeing you all soon.
This is a proper old city of London boozer, only in Chester, it's a great meeting place over a pub lunch, and at different times you'll find half the commercial and professional heart of the city in here.
It's a very social place with a lovely atmosphere where you're pretty much bound to meet someone interesting.
We have been listed in the ‘Top 10 Whisky Pubs' in the Good Pub Guide, several years running.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day before 12 noon so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- CAMRA Chester & South Clwyd Cider pub of the year2016
- Good Pub Guide - UK Town Pub of the Year2015
- AA Pub Guide2002, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
- Good Beer Guide1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Michelin Guide: Pubs2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
- CAMRA Regional Pub of the Year2007, 2009
AllTrails have kindly created a circular walk from the pub to help you work up that thirst/appetite. You can view the walk details via any of the routes below. (varying levels of tech savyness required -Ed)
The Old Harkers Arms and Chester City Trail an AllTrails walk