Bookings for up to 6 people and 'the bell' ringing an hour earlier
Following the latest government update, we are currently only able to accept bookings for up to 6 people (who can be from multiple households) and we’ll need to ensure you’re fed and watered by 10pm. Customers are also required to wear masks, when not seated at their tables.
With ‘the bell’ being rung an hour earlier, if you fancy a tipple to take home, we’ll be offering some ‘last order’ drinks for you to enjoy at home.
Thank you for helping us all play our part in keeping everyone safe.
This is a proper old city of London boozer, only in Chester, it's a great meeting place over a pub lunch, and at different times you'll find half the commercial and professional heart of the city in here.
It's a very social place with a lovely atmosphere where you're pretty much bound to meet someone interesting.
We have been listed in the ‘Top 10 Whisky Pubs' in the Good Pub Guide, several years running.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day before 12 noon so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- CAMRA Chester & South Clwyd Cider pub of the year2016
- Good Pub Guide - UK Town Pub of the Year2015
- AA Pub Guide2002, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
- Good Beer Guide1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Michelin Guide: Pubs2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
- CAMRA Regional Pub of the Year2007, 2009
AllTrails have kindly created a circular walk from the pub to help you work up that thirst/appetite. You can view the walk details via any of the routes below. (varying levels of tech savyness required -Ed)
The Old Harkers Arms and Chester City Trail an AllTrails walk