The news we have all been waiting for - we will be reopening very soon!
We are so thrilled at the announcement from the Government on the reopening of the hospitality industry.
We’ve lots to do before we can welcome you all once more, but rest assured we will put our plans in place as quickly as possible. As soon as we have confirmed our opening date we will let you know here.
This is a proper old city of London boozer, only in Chester, it's a great meeting place over a pub lunch, and at different times you'll find half the commercial and professional heart of the city in here.
It's a very social place with a lovely atmosphere where you're pretty much bound to meet someone interesting.
We have been listed in the ‘Top 10 Whisky Pubs' in the Good Pub Guide, several years running.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day before 12 noon so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Good Pub Guide - UK Town Pub of the Year2015
- CAMRA Chester & South Clwyd Cider pub of the year2016
- AA Pub Guide2002, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
- Good Beer Guide1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Michelin Guide: Pubs2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
- CAMRA Regional Pub of the Year2007, 2009
AllTrails have kindly created a circular walk from the pub to help you work up that thirst/appetite. You can view the walk details via any of the routes below. (varying levels of tech savyness required -Ed)
The Old Harkers Arms and Chester City Trail an AllTrails walk