Bookings for up to 6 people from a single household and 'the bell' ringing an hour earlier
We are currently only able to accept tables for up to 6 people. Inside, these 6 people (including adults and children) must be from a single household, whereas outdoors they can be from multiple households. We’ll also need to ensure you’re fed and watered by 10pm and customers are required to wear masks indoors when not seated at their tables.
With ‘the bell’ being rung an hour earlier, if you fancy a tipple to take home, we have some ‘last order’ drinks for you to enjoy at home. We also have our ‘Click and Collect’ menu up and running, so you can enjoy some of your favourites from the comfort of your home – head to our Click and Collect page to whet your appetite and place your order.
Please note, the above changes apply here as we are in a tier 2 area. However, if you live in a tier 3 area, please follow the rules that apply to that tier.
Thank you for your support and for helping us all play our part in keeping everyone safe.
We are probably better reflected from the garden view of our pub which is a delight of higgledy-piggledy roof lines and soft, warm Cheshire common brick.
We are a charming pub with well-spaced rooms, a beautiful garden room which fills with sunlight and leads onto a great outside terrace with a very pleasing garden, which in turn leads onto the village green. The locals are very fond of it as it's the perfect spot to watch the world go by.
Our menus have their roots in modern British cooking, with a hint of the more exotic about them. They change often to reflect the seasons and are supported by a well-balanced wine list offering a good quality but affordable range and a well-stocked bar of local ales and interesting spirits.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day before 12 noon so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Good Pub Guide County Dining Pub of the Year1997, 1998, 2002, 2007, 2008
- AA Pub Guide2002, 2003, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Good Beer Guide2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Michelin Guide: Pubs2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Which? Pub Guide2001, 2004
- Which? Guide to Country Pubs2001, 2004
- Alistair Sawday2008, 2009
- Harden's Guides Top UK Restaurants2000, 2002, 2003, 2004
- The Quiet Pint2004
- Cheshire Life - Pub of the Year1999
AllTrails have kindly created a circular walk from the pub to help you work up that thirst/appetite. You can view the walk details via any of the routes below. (varying levels of tech savyness required -Ed)
The Grosvenor Arms and Aldford an AllTrails walk