Following the Government’s announcement, we find ourselves temporarily closing our doors to the pub once more.
However, our booking calendar is still available to make reservations from Wednesday 2nd when, all being well, we'll be able to welcome you back again.
As ever, thanks so much for all the support over recent months and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.
We are probably better reflected from the garden view of our pub which is a delight of higgledy-piggledy roof lines and soft, warm Cheshire common brick.
We are a charming pub with well-spaced rooms, a beautiful garden room which fills with sunlight and leads onto a great outside terrace with a very pleasing garden, which in turn leads onto the village green. The locals are very fond of it as it's the perfect spot to watch the world go by.
Our menus have their roots in modern British cooking, with a hint of the more exotic about them. They change often to reflect the seasons and are supported by a well-balanced wine list offering a good quality but affordable range and a well-stocked bar of local ales and interesting spirits.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day before 12 noon so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Good Pub Guide County Dining Pub of the Year1997, 1998, 2002, 2007, 2008
- AA Pub Guide2002, 2003, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Good Beer Guide2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Michelin Guide: Pubs2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Which? Pub Guide2001, 2004
- Which? Guide to Country Pubs2001, 2004
- Alistair Sawday2008, 2009
- Harden's Guides Top UK Restaurants2000, 2002, 2003, 2004
- The Quiet Pint2004
- Cheshire Life - Pub of the Year1999
AllTrails have kindly created a circular walk from the pub to help you work up that thirst/appetite. You can view the walk details via any of the routes below. (varying levels of tech savyness required -Ed)
The Grosvenor Arms and Aldford an AllTrails walk