With the bar at its heart and food in its soul the Black Jug is a traditional pub.
The perfect spot to enjoy an after work pint of ale or glass of vino, a lunchtime bite from our daily menu or a leisurely Sunday roast complete with roaring log fire, whatever the occasion you will always find a relaxed atmosphere and a very warm welcome.
We look forward to seeing you,
Ally and the Black Jug team.
If you would like us to keep you up to date, follow us on Instagram and Facebook or subscribe to our mailing list below and we will send you an occasional update. By subscribing to our mailing list, you will also be entered into our monthly competition to win a meal to the value of £50.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2023 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Good Pub Guide - Top 10 Whiskey Pubs2018
- Good Beer Guide2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2024
- AA Pub Guide2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009
- Alistair Sawday2009
- Evening Standard - Town Pub of the Year1997, 1999
- Classic FM - Wine Pub of the Year1994
AllTrails have kindly created a circular walk from the pub to help you work up that thirst/appetite. You can view the walk details via any of the routes below. (varying levels of tech savviness required -Ed)
The Black Jug and Warnham Park an AllTrails walk