Our wonderful pub is over 480-years-old. In its life it's been a manor house, family home of the Earls of Lucan and a convent.
Now you will find it full of nooks and crannies, with a snug, a library and a warren of seven different dining areas, with plenty of terraces and gardens to enjoy the sun.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day before 12 noon so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Good Pub Guide County Dining Pub of the Year2011
- AA Pub Guide2013
- Good Beer Guide2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Michelin Guide: Pubs2010
- Alistair Sawday2009, 2012
- Cheshire Life, Finalist for Dining Pub of the Year2011
- CAMRA/English heritage UK Pub Refurbishment Category winner2009
AllTrails have kindly created a circular walk from the pub to help you work up that thirst/appetite. You can view the walk details via any of the routes below. (varying levels of tech savyness required -Ed)
Sutton Hall and Macclesfield Canal an AllTrails walk