You will find our pub down a long sweeping drive with majestic trees, overlooking a small lake surrounded by hills and hollows. We have plenty of picnic benches on the lawn and parasoled terraces to enjoy the beautiful views and gardens, dining or drinking al fresco.
Inside it's just as lovely - a 16th Century inglenook fireplace, nooks and crannies everywhere and history seeping through its veins.
It's a gorgeous environment to dine in, from our menus that are created daily from fresh produce, dreamt up by our talented team of chefs who cater for lighter appetites as well as those wanting hearty British pub classics. Equally it's a great drinking environment in our bar areas that offer a haven for dogs and their owners who love to try a myriad of fine whiskies, gins and real ales
If you would like us to keep you up to date, follow us on Instagram and Facebook or subscribe to our mailing list below and we will send you an occasional update. By subscribing to our mailing list, you will also be entered into our monthly competition to win a meal to the value of £50.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2023 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Good Pub Guide County Dining Pub of the Year2006
- Good Beer Guide2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2022
- Harden's Guides Top UK Restaurants2000, 2001
- AA Pub Guide2002, 2003, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
- Michelin Guide: Pubs1999, 2009, 2010
- Which? Guide to Country Pubs2001, 2004
- Alistair Sawday2008, 2009