Temporary closure and our Click & Collect menu
Following the Government’s announcement, we find ourselves temporarily closing our doors to the pub once more.
In the meantime, all is not lost! To keep you fed and watered from the comfort of your own home, we'll still be running our:
For those who'll miss a pint, we've got that covered now too with our Click & Collect Drinks list. Just click the link above to whet your appetite and to place your order by choosing your dishes and collection time and paying online. Then simple head along to the pub at your chosen time and we'll bring everything to you in your car. What's not to love?
As ever, thanks so much for all the support over recent months and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.
The Hare sits in the village of Langton Green, a pleasing, suburb of Tunbridge Wells on the edge of the rolling, narrow-laned Kent countryside. Here you'll find the traditional English villages featured in those pre-war black and white films made at Pinewood, and the classic English pubs that we dream of.
We believe that the Hare fits perfectly under that 'classic English pub' title.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day before 12 noon so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Good Pub Guide County Dining Pub of the Year1997
- AA Pub Guide1998, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012
- Good Beer Guide1998
- Michelin Guide: Pubs1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004
- Which? Pub Guide2001, 2004
- Which? Guide to Country Pubs2001
- Alistair Sawday2005, 2009
- Harden's Guides Top UK Restaurants2003, 2004
- Good Weekend Guide1998
- Time Out Guide1999