Christmas with us at the Fox
We’d love you to join us this Christmas. If you’d like to see our plans for the festive season and to make a booking, visit our Christmas pages and follow us on social media or subscribe to our newsletter below for the latest on any events we have planned.
The pub will of course be dressed for the season and we look forward to welcoming you,
Everyone at the at the Fox
The Fox is a lovely big Edwardian-style pub, with a mix of nooky private corners and sunny spacious rooms, all wrapped around a busy central bar which is packed with local ales and crammed with gins and whiskies.
The largest room boasts a stunning vaulted ceiling and leads out onto a large south-facing terrace with views out over the gently-rolling countryside and wooded hills beyond.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Good Pub Guide County Dining Pub of the Year2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- AA Pub Guide2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
- Good Beer Guide2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Michelin Guide: Pubs2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Alistair Sawday2008, 2009