It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
The nights are drawing in and so before we know it, the 'most wonderful time of the year' will be upon us. Whether you fancy a meal with family and friends or have received the huge honour of being nominated the 'Office Christmas Fairy' we promise to make things as easy and as Christmassy as possible. Click below to see our festive menus and to make a booking.
The Fox is a lovely big Edwardian-style pub, with a mix of nooky private corners and sunny spacious rooms, all wrapped around a busy central bar which is packed with local ales and crammed with gins and whiskies.
The largest room boasts a stunning vaulted ceiling and leads out onto a large south-facing terrace with views out over the gently-rolling countryside and wooded hills beyond.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day before 12 noon so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
- Good Pub Guide2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Good Pub Guide County Dining Pub of the Year2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- AA Pub Guide2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
- Good Beer Guide2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Michelin Guide: Pubs2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Alistair Sawday2008, 2009