New guidelines including maximum booking size of 6 people
Please click below for the changes now in place following the latest guidelines from the Welsh Government.Keeping everyone safe - The new guidelines
As the name so clearly suggests, our pub was obviously a mill long before we took over and turned it into what it is today. As you walk through the door you will be greeted by a great jumble of old beams everywhere, and the water wheel turning slowly behind the bar. The decks outside are built directly over the mill race and the rapids, and on the opposite bank of the river, steam trains arrive and leave from the restored station.
Mountains and hills rise all around Llangollen which is a seriously active place for a small community - in July there is the International Eisteddfod, a massive music festival where choirs from some fifty different countries compete; there is an accompanying Fringe festival based in the theatre behind the Corn Mill; hot air balloon festivals and jazz festivals, food weeks and international canoeing competitions... and a great pub on the river.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Good Pub Guide County Dining Pub of the Year2008
- AA Pub Guide2009, 2010
- Good Beer Guide2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Michelin Guide: Pubs2004, 2005, 2008
- Alistair Sawday2005, 2008, 2009
- Harden's Guides Top UK Restaurants2003, 2004
- Daily Telegraph Wales' Perfect Pub 2005 Winner2005