Whats Happening at The Architect
* Pancake Menu Specials - Mon 24th to Friday 28th Feb
* Live Lounge Music with Jay & John - Friday 28th Feb @ 6pm
* British Pie Week Menu Specials - Monday 02nd to Sunday 08th
* Gin Tasting & Nibbles Evening - Thursday 19th @ 6.30pm
* Mothers Day Sunday Roasts & Daily Menu - Sunday 22nd *TAKING BOOKINGS NOW*
* Live Lounge Music with Chris Fletcher - Friday 27th @ 6pm
* Dog Walk - Sunday 29th @9.30am
The Architect is a classic pub restaurant within Chester's city walls overlooking the racecourse at Roodee.
We are named in honour of Thomas Harrison, a prolific architect who designed the building as his own residence, along with designing Grosvenor Bridge and much of Chester Castle.
The pub is a story of two halves: turn right through the glass connecting passage and the original Georgian building has cosy, domestic rooms that naturally lend themselves to a series of intimate dining rooms in classic style. Turn left into the new garden room and you'll find a spacious open plan room with a large bar at its heart and a buzzy, pubby feel to things, with glazed doors leading out to the dining terrace.
As a city centre pub, our parking is sadly limited and quickly fills up, so apologies. However, there is plenty of parking close to the pub, see a map of them here: Car parks near the Architect...
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day before 12 noon so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
AllTrails have kindly created a circular walk from the pub to help you work up that thirst/appetite. You can view the walk details via any of the routes below. (varying levels of tech savyness required -Ed)
The Architect and River Dee (Chester) an AllTrails walk