Our doors are now open!
We are delighted to be able to say, we can now welcome bookings from groups of up to 6 people from mixed households (excluding children under 11 and carers), into the pub at long last.
Just to reassure you, we still have all the same safety measures in place, and not that any of us go anywhere without a face covering these days, but just a reminder to wear yours when you’re not seated at the table. And, just to let you know, we’ll be happily accepting and issuing meal tickets again, (collect 6 and receive a main course up to £12). Don’t worry if you have tickets with a November 2020 expiry on, we’ll happily extend these until November 2021, just dust them off and bring them along.
We are so looking forward to seeing you, come rain or shine.
The Pen-y-Bryn might look a little bit like a medical centre from the front, but inside, you'll find lovely oak floors, open fires, bookcases and old furniture: it all looks very handsome, and we think its unassuming looks from the outside add to the feeling of making a gloriously serendipitous discovery.
We have a stunning garden and terrace, and our garden windows have panoramic views out over the sea and the Great Orme so you can sit back and take in the scenery after a long ramble or a hearty meal.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day before 12 noon so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- AA Pub Guide2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
- Good Beer Guide2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Michelin Guide: Pubs2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Alistair Sawday2008, 2009
- Harden's Guides Top UK Restaurants2004
- CAMRA Abercolwyn Branch - Pub of the Year2006, 2012
- CAMRA Abercolwyn Branch - Food Pub of the Year2007, 2010