Our doors are open!
With the easing of restrictions, it's great that you can now head to the pub just like the olden days.
It’s still very important to us that we strike the right balance between loosening up the restrictions, whilst also being mindful of our customers’ and crews’ continued safety and well-being. With that in mind, we wanted to reassure you that we will, of course, continue with our high standards of cleaning in all we do. We will continue to sanitise tables between use and whilst there are no longer any restrictions, we are still mindful of the spacing of our tables, to ensure you feel comfortable. We will continue to make sure the pubs are nicely ventilated and some of our crew and customers alike will choose to carry on wearing a face coverings.
And, just to let you know, we’ll be happily redeeming meal tickets, (collect 6 and receive a main course up to £12). Don’t worry if you have tickets with a November 2020 expiry on, we’ll be glad to extend these until November 2021, just dust them off and bring them along.
We are so looking forward to seeing you soon.
Click and Collect
We are pleased to say our Click & Collect menu is continuing! Simply follow the link below for all the info and to place an order:
We look forward to welcoming you all again soon.
We could be called a truly classic English village pub, with lovely open fires, bookcases scattered all around, lots of old oak and a really pleasant garden. It's the quintessential 'Britishness' of the pub and indeed the village that has led to it being selected to appear in ITV drama Home Fires, which takes over the whole village to film here.
We have a beautiful bar within the centre of the pub which houses an extensive array of whiskies amongst other delights. We offer a range of local ales and a well-balanced, great quality list of wines designed to complement our food menus which are designed daily by our team of creative chefs who all have a passion for great cooking using fresh, seasonal and local ingredients.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day before 12 noon so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Good Pub Guide County Dining Pub of the Year2000, 2004, 2009, 2013
- AA Pub Guide2002, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016
- Good Beer Guide2003, 2004, 2005
- Michelin Guide: Pubs2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Doggie Pubs2015, 2016
- Egon Ronay2006
- Which? Pub Guide2004
- Which? Guide to Country Pubs2001, 2002, 2003
- Alistair Sawday2008, 2009, 2015, 2016
- Harden's Guides Top UK Restaurants2014, 2015, 2016
- Out in Cheshire (CAMRA) Rural Pub of the Year2003, 2004, 2005
- Winalot Dog Friendly Approved Awards - Where to eat North West2004
- Cheshire Life - Pub of the Year1997