Bookings for up to 6 people from a single household and 'the bell' ringing an hour earlier
We are currently only able to accept tables for up to 6 people. Inside, these 6 people (including adults and children) must be from a single household, whereas outdoors they can be from multiple households. We’ll also need to ensure you’re fed and watered by 10pm and customers are required to wear masks indoors when not seated at their tables.
With ‘the bell’ being rung an hour earlier, if you fancy a tipple to take home, we have some ‘last order’ drinks for you to enjoy at home. We also have our ‘Click and Collect’ menu up and running, so you can enjoy some of your favourites from the comfort of your home – head to our Click and Collect page to whet your appetite and place your order.
Please note, the above changes apply here as we are in a tier 2 area. However, if you live in a tier 3 area, please follow the rules that apply to that tier.
Thank you for your support and for helping us all play our part in keeping everyone safe.
We could be called a truly classic English village pub, with lovely open fires, bookcases scattered all around, lots of old oak and a really pleasant garden. It's the quintessential 'Britishness' of the pub and indeed the village that has led to it being selected to appear in ITV drama Home Fires, which takes over the whole village to film here.
We have a beautiful bar within the centre of the pub which houses an extensive array of whiskies amongst other delights. We offer a range of local ales and a well-balanced, great quality list of wines designed to complement our food menus which are designed daily by our team of creative chefs who all have a passion for great cooking using fresh, seasonal and local ingredients.
Our passion lies in finding quality fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern but unpretentious way. Our menus have a spine of classic British dishes complemented by more exotic influences from other parts of the world. We upload them to our web site each day before 12 noon so that you may peruse them at your leisure.
Thanks to our customers recommending us, you'll find us in the:
2020 Good Pub Guide
- Good Pub Guide1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Good Pub Guide County Dining Pub of the Year2000, 2004, 2009, 2013
- AA Pub Guide2002, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016
- Good Beer Guide2003, 2004, 2005
- Michelin Guide: Pubs2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Doggie Pubs2015, 2016
- Egon Ronay2006
- Which? Pub Guide2004
- Which? Guide to Country Pubs2001, 2002, 2003
- Alistair Sawday2008, 2009, 2015, 2016
- Harden's Guides Top UK Restaurants2014, 2015, 2016
- Out in Cheshire (CAMRA) Rural Pub of the Year2003, 2004, 2005
- Winalot Dog Friendly Approved Awards - Where to eat North West2004
- Cheshire Life - Pub of the Year1997